Top Jobs for Stay-at-Home Moms
Jobs for stay at home moms are readily available these days. Thanks to the speedy connection of the internet, along with the convenience of telecommuting, forging a successful, remote career is now possible. Ten or 15 years ago, working from home jobs like the ones found today barely existed.
Nowadays, jobs for moms offer work fulfillment in several different industries. Not sure how to find the right opportunities? Continue on to the sections below to learn how to prepare for your job search, unconventional jobs that might be suited for you and opportunities that you, as a mom can appreciate.
How to Prepare to Find Jobs When Working From Home Online
Before you get started on your search for work at home opportunities, make sure you have your resume and cover letter in order. This will make the process of vetting different gigs seamless. With a strong cover letter and resume, recruiters will be able to take you seriously.
Ultimately, when searching for more traditional jobs for moms, you do not need to let your potential employer know this major detail of your life. Thanks to the booming world surrounding working online from home, candidates from all walks of life qualify, no matter their family backgrounds. When seeking jobs for stay at home moms, make sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Will I be able to balance my role as a mother while doing this job?
- Will the pay be suitable for the needs of me and my family?
- Can I work on my own time, or do I need to punch a virtual time clock?
- Do I have the skills necessary, or will this job require extensive training?
- Is this a position that will be sustainable on its own, or will I need more than one job?
You can begin your job hunt for moms, once you are able to answer these questions. Not sure what to look for on your search? Continue to the sections below for both inventive and suitable jobs for moms.
Four Unconventional Jobs for Moms
When you think of the best jobs for moms at home, you may not be considering the most unconventional roles. However, thinking outside the box is the key to finding job satisfaction when you have decided to ditch the full-time, in-office lifestyle. Four unconventional jobs for moms include:
- Acting as a virtual assistant. If you do not have experience as an assistant, let alone a work-from-home assistant, you can start by taking a training course. For a nominal fee and just a few days of your life, you can learn how to become a virtual assistant or VA. From administrative tasks to social media management and calendar maintenance to presentation preparation, you can excel as a VA from the very comfort of your couch. As a VA, you can earn between $35 and $50 an hour or up to $70,000 a year.
- Signing on as an Amazon remote employee. In 2019, Amazon announced plans to hire 5,000 remote representatives to add to the online portal’s telecommuting team. Whether you are a great customer service rep on the phones or a quick and meticulous data entry worker, Amazon may have the right opportunity for you. Currently, Amazon pays those that are working from home, depending on experience, ranges from $10 an hour to $50,000 per year.
Related Article: Finding a Job in the United States
- Being a direct sales consultant. Gone are the days of door-to-door salespeople. Instead, you can hone your skills as a multi-level marketing pro. If you are unfamiliar with the structure, think companies like Beachbody, Thirty-One, Plexus and Avon. If you have the talent to “sell, sell, sell,” you can do certainly do it right from home, either online or by hosting events at your own home for potential consumers. Plan your sales around your stay at home mom schedule and work at your convenience. You can sell products you already love, and use on a regular basis and gain lots of perks along the way. Although your earnings really depend on what you put into the work, this is a $30 billion industry.
- Becoming a TaskRabbit. If working from home online jobs are not your forte, you can develop a career as a TaskRabbit. Whether you are a regular Mrs. Fix-It or an expert errand runner, there are thousands of users searching for by-the-hour help. Doing this type of work guarantees you can get out and about, instead of sitting around at home, which is ideal if you are an active go-getter. If you turn your tasking into full-time work, you can earn up to $2,000 per week or $7,000 per month.
Work From Home Opportunities Moms Can Appreciate
If you are not looking for an unconventional job as a mom, there are still so many opportunities available to you. If you love being a mom, why not aim to secure work at home opportunities you can truly appreciate? Consider:
- Being a childcare provider. If you want to take care of other children (perhaps while yours are away at school), you can nanny or babysit other kids from your own home.
- Signing up as a tutor. Teaching children is already part of your job as a mom, so why not profit from your skills? You can invite students over to your home, or sign up with an online company to work with kids remotely.
- Working as a beauty stylist. If you have an affinity for hair and makeup, you can recruit clients to come to your home, where you provide beautician services.
- Become a massage therapist. A folding massage table is low overhead when you can invite massage clients to your house to take advantage of your at-home hours.
- Offering seamstress services. If you like to sew and you are good at it, you can opt into working from home jobs like that of a freelance seamstress, especially if you already have a sewing machine.
- Teaching music lessons. If you own a lot of instruments and excel at playing music, why not invite clients to your home to teach them how to play, too?
- Becoming a baker. Jobs for moms in baking is a hot career right now. This field is also blowing up on social media, and with the right following, you can become an expert baker with millions looking to learn your skills, and taste your beautiful treats!
- Trying your hand as a private chef. If you have a passion for cooking, beyond your familial duties, think about becoming a private chef. You can offer meal prep services and pickups while crafting foods from your very own kitchen.
Work at home opportunities for moms and women are aplenty. Take the leap into an unconventional role or take advantage of a current hobby and turn it into a profitable stay-at-home business.