Amazon prime is a subscription service of Amazon.com that offers customers free, expedited delivery of their orders.
Prime also entitles subscribers to a host of other benefits including video, podcast and audiobook streaming, online gaming and even digital photo storage. Recently, Amazon launched an initiative offering Prime subscriptions to Medicaid recipients at the steeply discounted price of $5.99 per month.
Amazon prime orders can benefit Medicaid recipients in numerous ways, and the simple enrollment process and criteria make this new offer a win-win if you are currently receiving Medicaid benefits.
Learn About the Benefits of Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime subscriptions can benefit Medicaid subscribers in numerous ways. Subscriptions entitle users to:
- Free expedited order delivery, including one-day shipping, same-day delivery and two-hour delivery for eligible products in qualifying markets.
- Unlimited online movie and music streaming.
- Secure online digital photo storage.
- Free digital books, magazines, comics and audiobooks, including both new releases, best-sellers and classics.
- Discounts on new and used video games.
- Early access to select products, materials and deals.
These products and services offer Medicaid recipients an array of benefits:
- Amazon Prime deals can help subscribers access everyday products they need at reduced prices, saving them money.
- Amazon regularly makes products available that Medicaid recipients are not able to find in local stores, including specialty medical products or foods recommended by their health care teams.
- Direct home delivery allows Medicaid recipients who struggle to get out for physical or mental health reasons or due to transportation challenges to quickly and easily get what they need to live well.
How to Get Amazon Prime at Reduced Cost
Until now, customers on tight budgets have sometimes struggled to pay the full Amazon Prime cost. With Amazon’s new discount program, however, Medicaid recipients and families receiving financial public assistance can get an Amazon Prime login for less than $6 per month. All you need to qualify is a current and valid EBT or Medicaid card.
To get started, simply follow these easy steps:
- Create an Amazon account if you do not already have one. You will need a valid email address, an internet connection and an address to which your packages can be shipped. You will also be asked to create a password for your account.
- Sign up for an Amazon Prime Free Trial. In the top right corner of Amazon’s main homepage, hover your mouse over the “Account & Lists” tab. From the dropdown list that appears, select “Prime Membership.”
- Follow the prompts to start your 30-day free trial. Enter the information requested by the prompts to sign up for a free trial. You will need to provide a credit or debit card linked to your account if you did not do so during your initial account setup. You will also need to provide information about your EBT or Medicaid card to prove your eligibility for discounted enrollment.
- Start exploring your new membership! Amazon offers a variety of articles, guides and other resources to help you become familiar with your new Prime benefits. Take some time to browse the free Amazon Prime books and movies now available to you, and set up your devices for easy downloads and streaming, if needed.
If you enjoy your subscription and find it useful, simply continue using it. At the end of your free trial period, Amazon will charge the card you linked to your account $5.99 for your next month’s enrollment. If you find that Prime is not for you, you can log into your account and cancel your subscription at any time.
Amazon customer service representatives are available by phone and email to assist you if you have trouble with any part of the enrollment process. Your membership must be renewed annually, and you are eligible for discounted Prime membership for up to four years. You may cancel your subscription at any time without penalty, if desired.
How to Make the Most of Your New Amazon Prime Subscription
Once you have enrolled, it is worth taking some time to get familiar with your new Amazon Prime Subscription and setting yourself up to get the maximum benefit from it with minimum effort. Here are some easy ways to get started.
- Save your Amazon Prime login on your devices. If you have a home computer, smart phone, ebook reader or other internet-enabled device that you wish to use to download or stream Amazon content, or to place orders, consider saving your login information on them so that you can access your Prime benefits quickly and easily every time.
- Download the Amazon Prime app. Downloading the app to your smartphone allows you to easily place orders or access content no matter where you are. It allows you to keep reading your free books or watching free movies while commuting, waiting for appointments or otherwise filling downtime. You can also use the app to add items to your shopping list or wish list whenever you remember, saving you time and increasing your convenience.
- Create lists. Amazon offers a wide and ever-changing array of books, movies and other content for Prime subscribers. Consider making lists of books you want to read, movies you want to watch, or games you wish to play so that they are queued up and waiting when you finish one and ready to move on to the next.
- Share with your family. Amazon allows family members with linked accounts to share Prime memberships and benefits. Review the linked accounts policy to see what is required and what benefits are available to determine whether this option is right for you.
- Set up recurring orders. You can use other Amazon tools to set up recurring Amazon prime orders at regular intervals of your choice. While this can take a few tries to get right, it can also noticeably simplify your shopping needs. For example, if you use an average of one roll of paper towels per week, you can use the Prime Pantry feature to arrange to have a six-pack of low-cost paper towels auto-shipped to your home every six weeks.This kind of auto-shipping setup can keep your home fully and effortlessly stocked with essentials, save you time and help keep your household bills consistent and under control.